Court of Protection paralegal
We are seeking to recruit a full time, paralegal for our Court of Protection (COP) team.
The paralegal will work with one of one of our Solicitor teams provide support to one or two solicitors:
o Attending client meetings to take notes and to action matters arising
o Research and drafting, including letters, court applications, witness statements et cetera.
o Liaising with clients, the court and other professionals to assist the solicitor team.
o Attending Court with solicitors or Counsel
After two years as a paralegal, training contracts are available for those doing well in the paralegal role, no further application process will be required.
The successful candidate will have experience as a paralegal at another firm, experience in Private Client and/ or Court of Protection work would be ideal but experience in Serious Injury, Mental Health or Child Abuse work would also be very helpful. You will need to have successfully completed either a law degree or the PGDL.
As a specialist Court of Protection practice, we provide in house, bespoke training for all members of the firm in which you will be able to participate. We have a strong ethos of internal recruitment with plenty of opportunity for internal development and progression to other roles.
Salary and benefits
• 25 days holiday
• Private Health following completion of a 3 month probationary period
• Subsidised gym membership
• Life insurance at 3 x salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus of a week’s salary on firm hitting target
• Additional 1.5 day’s holiday at Christmas (combination of Christmas shopping/closing office at Christmas Eve).
• We will provide IT equipment and any furniture required to set up your home office.
Salary: Competitive and depending on experience
Start date: As soon as available.
Applications: By email to SeniorHR@hughjonessolicitors.co.uk with CV.